Re: [ST] PPSeat

>From: iPat
>touring version is £200 inc vat and uk shipping.
>they sent me a picture as well....looks very nice

I just got a quote from 275 euros excl shipping. I asked
a bit more info, plus a question whether they think it can
be combined with my SW motech locks (of the sideracks).

> On 2/20/06, BrettWilson21@xxxxxxx <BrettWilson21@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I had a good look at the P & P site and can only see that they use
> ordinary seat foam, which is what causes me discomfort on long rides.
> the cheaper foam could be the reason why they're so much cheaper
> than Sargent.

They aren't that much cheaper, only about 20 euros apart (depending
on the rate of the dollar). Considering the taxes being lower there
then here, the sargent is actually cheaper but in the end more
expensive because of the local taxes, import taxes and shipping.
I like those cargo hooks on the Sargent though. Still, the sargent
still uses foam, eventhough they call it atomic and super cell
(that's marketing for you :-)). I sat on the PP seat and it felt
just like the average corbin, nice and firm. Don't know if the foam
is different, but they were able to stuff it better at least :-).

I asked PP for more info on the materials used, will let you know.

Emile
www.piloot.com