Re: [ST] RS main beam

Rick

My 100/80 has been in there for over a year but as I ride mainly for pleasure, it doesn't get used much - certainly not on main beam.

It's the earth return that's burnt out which is silly as you'd expect the wire to be rated above the fuse.  Maybe the crimp connection hadn't been made tight enough, causing a hotspot.

I've just checked the other unit and the dissed earth causes the RH unit to run the main beam element permanently.  No wonder other road users were unhappy!

Chris Harwood
00 RS

>>> drbrant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 23/02/2006 14:21:54 >>>
Chris,

I had a similar experience with my Goldwing.  A mechcanic put in a 90/130W bulb trying to improve headlight performance.  I soon discovered that the plastic around where the bulb mounted was melting.  I went to 45/60 watt bulbs with no further issues.  The stock bulb was a 45/45.

I have new Silverstars waiting to go into the Triumph next time I am working on it.

Rick Brant
00 Sprint St
89 GL1500

<<<<<