Re: [ST] Question from the lazy

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 brettwilson21@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I have always been led to believe that balancing motorcycle wheels on
> those machines is unsuccessful due to the wheels being so narrow. If
> there is a machine that does it effectively, especially front wheels, or
> if anyone knows more about this topic, I would love to hear about it.

Any static balancing rig oughta be able to handle our front wheels without
problem.  I have had mine done on a couple of rigs now, and static
balancing seems to yield way better results than machine/spin balancing...

Our rear wheels do require an adaptor.  Jeff Knights of TireQwik.com sells
DIY changing stuff, and has cobbled up an adaptor for our wheel.  Not sure
of any other sources though.

--

                                ._O_.  '03 Sprint ST
            -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 Thunderbird Sport       /~\