Re: [ST] I raced against a Harley this weekend.

Emile

That was fascinating. <G>

If you take the chain off it will go even faster.

Chris Harwood
00 RS fully powered

>>> Emile@xxxxxxxxxx 09/01/2006 17:34:05 >>>
>From: Jack Hays
>I will always remember that moment. I don't think I've ever pedaled so
hard
>in my life. And some of the credit must go to Schwinn, as well. They
really
>make a great bicycle...

You're a true hero, Jack... one of those guys that made this country
great
(at bicycling I guess). Reminds me of september last year when Markus,
me
and Kees were racing each other on a downmountain section towards the
Mont
Blanc... with the engines turned off :-). It's something you have to
try
at least once, very weird at first trying to keep your speed up enough
thru hairpins. I can still remember the face of this French guy on a
bicycle
when I was creeping slowly alongside him with the Sprint in whisper
mode, helmet
on tank... He hadn't heard me coming... maybe those Harley guys have a
point
with those loud pipes?

Me and a girlfriend raced each other a couple of years ago going down
mount Shasta in norhtern California on 2 loaner PC800's, engine's off,
from 8000 down to 2000 feet. Still got the speed up to around 55 mph
:-).

Okay, everybody can now pretend they really liked this small story...

Emile
www.piloot.com