Re: [ST] Valve Job

I found that the tool is great, but you can just remove the cams, and spend the extra hr for the adjustment rather than spending the money on the tool. If you have the newer shim under bucket engine, you'd have to do this anyway.

  Justin

"Masiak, Richard" <Richard_Masiak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Has anyone out there done their own valve job? The tool the manual specifies is T3880012 at about $130.
Now I know "non-dealer" shops can perform this service on our bikes, so there must be a generic tool they use that can handle a valve on top setup. I doubt they'll buy a tool for every different model bike they service.

Where can I find a less expensive tool to accomplish the same thing? Ideas?

Rich
00 RS