[ST] Bike or Rider?

I just saw a classified add for a race bike for sale.  It was touting how the bike was a champion with all "x" amount of pole starts, race wins, etc.  It got me thinking.  As great as that all sounds, and no doubt the bike is preped as good as it can be, it's still all the rider.  The bike can't win that all on it's own.  It needs a rider.  And that's not all.  It needs a rider who can utilize that top notch bike to it's fullest or beyond.

It reminded me of these golf club ads touting extra distance and strokes off your game.  Sure a club design can add 50 yards to your game, but if you suck (like I do) your slice will only go that 50 yards further into the trees. :-)

I think that goes the same for motorcycles.  All that technology and setup isn't gonna do a lick of good unless you're able to use it properly, right?

So, bike or rider?  I thinks it's a mixture of both.

Rich