From: "Marc Van Est" <MarcVE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [ST] ouch
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 15:51:25 +0200

I Brilliantly managed to drop my one week old bike.

Bummer.

I didn't leave it in gear, kicked out the side stand, started getting off
and it rolled forward. Next thing I knew crash - me lying under the bike
after not being able to stop it falling, and my mate Johan laughing at my
stupidity. I cant say I saw the funny side at the time, I was seriously
p#$$ed off.

My neighbors are giving me skew looks at the language they heard at 7 on a
Sunday morning.

I got the quote today for the repairs (thank %$d for insurance) : R8 400 (US
$1200) to replace a fairing panel, flicker, crank case cover, mirror and
clutch lever.

I could probably have most of it 95% repaired for under R1 000, but I'd
rather pay the insurance excess and get it sorted properly.

I can honestly say that the RS side stand was a lot more positive and
stiffer than the Daytona setup.

cheers

Marc
(slightly battered Daytona 955)

This email forms part of an electronic communication sent to
the intended recipient or such person's authorised representative,
for the recipient's sole use and is subject to important legal
and regulatory restrictions, qualifications and disclaimers
("Email Legal Notice") that must be accessed by clicking here
<http://www.foschini.co.za/disclaimer.htm>
Or copy this address onto your Internet browser and process there.
The Email Legal Notice is enforceable and binding on the recipient
(or such person's authorised representative) in terms of section 11
(1) to 11 (3) of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act
No. 25 of 2002. By receiving, reading or acting upon this email,
you automatically be bound by the terms of the Email Legal Notice.