Re: [ST] (ST) My Commute

Emile,

Great Video.  Reminded me of my days in the USAF flying C-141's.  Usually we
went into military bases, but occasionally some civil fields.  I flew a
general into LAX once.  That was interesting. While  he was at his meeting I took a
couple copilots over to San Bernadino, CA to do some training at Norton AFB.
Then we returned to LAX to pick up the general and take home to Tacoma, WA.
It was a long day of flying in a very intense environment of lots of air
traffic, nearby mountains, and students to teach/monitor.

I also remember flying into Tehran in the mid-70's and parking like you did,
but with our wingtip way to close to the blast fence.  Finally, turning around
a C-141 on a 150 foot wide runway was interesting, because the turning circle
was 138 feet.  One had to get very close to the edge of the runway before
starting the turn.

Thanks again, and keep the shiny side up,

Steve Knudsen
Auburn, WA