Re: [ST] I think I'm done

I sold the last of my bikes after my little boy arrived four years ago,
when my little girl turned four.

I had had a close shave in the traffic, plus my cash flow was squeezed,
plus the bike was dead boring (BMWF 650) so I decided it was time to
quit.

I lasted three years then started missing biking, and last year bought a
sprint RS on a whim. Eight months later a rush of blood to the head
ended up in me selling the RS to a friend and buying a red Daytona955
(with the high rise Triumph carbon pipe.)

I'm hooked on the Trumpets now, really enjoying my Daytona 955. The
friend I sold my RS to is stoked with it, a really sweet motor. We do a
lot of rides together, and the Daytona is only quicker than the RS when
you start hoofing it, below 150kms/h there's not much in it. Over 200
kms/h the Daytona runs away from the RS, and I've had it with 265kms/h
on the Speedo with it still pulling and 500revs in hand before red line.

It has a very hard pull when the RS/ST runs out of puff. The flip side
is its not as smooth or as comfortable.

Mostly I'm riding pretty mellow -I leave the fast stuff to the right
roads on the right days..........

If my Daytona got stolen I'd probably buy another one, or an ST1050.
There's still space in my garage for a 675 speed triple or a 675
Tiger..............even a Thruxton!

Cheers

Marc
Cape Town, RSA

This email forms part of an electronic communication sent to the intended recipient or such persons authorised representative, for the recipients sole use and is subject to important legal and regulatory restrictions, qualifications and disclaimers ("Email Legal Notice") that must be accessed by clicking here http://www.foschini.co.za/disclaimer.htm or copy this address onto your Internet browser and process there.  The Email Legal Notice is enforceable and binding on the recipient (or such persons authorised representative) in terms of section 11 (1) to 11 (3) of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act No. 25 of 2002. By receiving, reading or acting upon this email, you automatically be bound by the terms of the Email Legal Notice.