From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Todd J
Sent: Friday, July 07, 2006 2:06 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] Thai Triumph

Oh boy, you had to dredge up the US-Walmart issue!!

  ;-)

  Todd

triumph1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>>Globalization isn't that bad :-).

Personally, I don't care if the Triumph was made in Antartica - it's a
great bike. But on the subject of Globalization, sure it gives us cheap
stuff now, but what future does it give our grandchildren? We keep
losing our manufacturing base to countries that have cheap labour which
means our skilled workforce diminshes leaving little choice in the
future as far as careers go.
You only have to look at what the likes of Wal-Mart has done to the USA,
raw materials leave the US and manufactured goods return. We used to
call that a third world economy. ...My 2c

--
Michael Browne
BRG ST

This email forms part of an electronic communication sent to the intended recipient or such persons authorised representative, for the recipients sole use and is subject to important legal and regulatory restrictions, qualifications and disclaimers ("Email Legal Notice") that must be accessed by clicking here http://www.foschini.co.za/disclaimer.htm or copy this address onto your Internet browser and process there.  The Email Legal Notice is enforceable and binding on the recipient (or such persons authorised representative) in terms of section 11 (1) to 11 (3) of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act No. 25 of 2002. By receiving, reading or acting upon this email, you automatically be bound by the terms of the Email Legal Notice.