Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 07:54:12 -0700 (PDT)
From: Todd J <me_shucker@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [ST] Gas Mileage
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am seeing better mileage here in VA than I had in ME. With commuting and
spirited riding I am getting about 48 with a K&N and 2Bros can. In Maine, I was
more around the 38-42 range on the ST with the occaisional 45.

  MY old Hawk would easily get 51-52. Bone stock, as I was afraid to loose any
range on that bike. Man, I miss that bike. I might just have to buy it back...

  So, Jeremy, you thinking of heading down for the WVA RAT-like meet? If you
come sooner give us a shout, I am about an hour from the BRP in Richmond.

Jeremy Witt <Jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Chiming in late, I know, but I had a good run. Seems the Sprint has a
sweet spot (similar to my Hawk GT) of about 50-60mph. Ran more than
half a tank on Maine back roads home the 4th, followed by a commute to
Boston from southern NH. Low fuel light came on at 243.5 instead of the
usual 220 (+/-) miles. Calculator showed 51.8mpg (+/- different pump
variances). Tells me I could do the BRP in two tankfuls, based on the
60+ I got from the Hawk a few years ago.

FWIW. :0)

Jeremy Witt

Newbury Partners

(o) 603-893-3022