[ST] Track Update

Well I returned last night from running Pocono Raceway's East circuit.  Had the GSX-R with me instead of the ST this time - boy what a difference.  This is a racetrack that you really need your suspension dialed in too as it has bumps in it.  With the suspension set well, they are there but not bothersome - screw up the suspension settings on you'd be in for a rough ride and have a tough time pushing the bike.  The circuit is tons of fun, and a lot of work.  With the exception of the back straight where you are on the NASCAR tri-oval (between turns 1 and 2), there really isn't a place to rest.  The other straights sort of kink, or you are coming across them to set up the next corner, and they are not that long (with the exception of being out on the tri-oval).  Yet there are many opportunities to pass through, into, and out of the corners and kinks.  The weather was good and I didn't crash (barely...).  Yet another saved high-side.  It was a session later in the day when
 there were very few people on the track so I didn't have to worry about passing or setting people up.  Really gave me a good chance to push the brake markers, concentrate on the my lines, and hit my turn-in and apex marks.  I think as I kept going a little faster and faster, I got a little too much throttle coming out of the sharpest corner.  Laid a big black strip, heard the terrible screach of the tire - next thing it popped me up on the tank (yes another shot to the nuts...maybe this is leading to my wife and I not getting pregnant...), and hit my shins into the frame sliders.  As I'm getting used to, I rode it out and let the bike do its shake and rest of the thing, and didn't go down.  Live and learn.  Overall, I'm getting markedly faster each time out.  I'm headed up to BeaveRun motorsports park this Saturday, and now have a lap timer to really get a handle on what things are making me faster and slower.  I'll keep you all updated.

Matt Heyer