Re: [ST] FW: Barrydale Run

Sorry to hear about him, but glad it wasn't worse.  Sucks about the new bike too.  There were a few brand new 675's that went down yesterday - that was really sad to see too...  Glad you had fun.

Matt Heyer

----- Original Message ----
From: Marc Van Est <MarcVE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 8:28:07 AM
Subject: [ST] FW: Barrydale Run

Bummer: How about a thought for how depressed this guy must be: his
first RAT run on his first real super bike, and he makes a silly mistake
that dents his new baby and broke his wrist.

Big Kudos' to Donald from Triumph in Cape Town, who sacrificed many
hours of his Sunday to rescue the bike and make sure Eugene got proper
medical treatment.

I missed this ride, went surfing instead after finally getting my new
mini-mal 7'8" delivered.

cheers

Marc
Daytona955
Cape Town, RSA

________________________________

Subject: Barrydale Run

Hi guys, you missed an eventful ride that took most of the day to
complete. As you can see below, one of the riders went down in the
Trodoux Pass just outside Barrydale. His 2 month old Speed Tripple
escaped rather lightly, would have been a write-off if it hit the armco,
which it narrowly missed by about a foot. Eugene went tumbling down the
road and I had to take evasive action not to run over him as I was
riding behind him.

The emergency service was excellent and were on the scene within 15
minutes and took him off to hospital. The rest of us got his bike back
to Barrydale and Donald arranged for a bakkie to come through from Cape
Town to recover it.

I got home about 6pm just in time to wash my bike, have some supper and
watch the world cup final.

Regards

Dave

________________________________

Good morning Dave

Thank you for all your assistance yesterday, Eugene has picked up a
broken wrist and lots of road rash, otherwise fine. The bike is not as
bad as first appeared, my concern is some gouging on the frame that I
will have to have a closer look at.
I also did the pass about 5 times while I was waiting for the bakkie,
what a blast.
Lastly, thank you for the breakfast.

Regards
Donald

This email forms part of an electronic communication sent to the intended recipient or such persons authorised representative, for the recipients sole use and is subject to important legal and regulatory restrictions, qualifications and disclaimers ("Email Legal Notice") that must be accessed by clicking here http://www.foschini.co.za/disclaimer.htm or copy this address onto your Internet browser and process there.  The Email Legal Notice is enforceable and binding on the recipient (or such persons authorised representative) in terms of section 11 (1) to 11 (3) of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act No. 25 of 2002. By receiving, reading or acting upon this email, you automatically be bound by the terms of the Email Legal Notice.