Re: [ST] Pocono RAT Raid

---- Michael Roukas <mroukas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 1265 miles in three days, NICE. Thanks for keeping in
> touch. To do that many miles, in comfort over three
> days, you must be on a Sprint, right?  Mike

No, I sold my Sprint RS a couple weeks ago. I rode a titanium 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R to the Raid. Yes, I took a Ninja bike to a Triumph rally. How tacky :-)

The 6R is surprisingly comfortable and capable as a sport-touring bike (stock). Just add a tank bag and the three bag Cortech soft luggage setup and I'm good to go. Ergos feel similar to the Daytona 675, so don't discount a supersport as the ultimate in solo SPORT-touring bikes. FWIW, I did 1600 miles over four days in mid-June on a trip to WV, VA, NC and back home via WV on the Ninja bike as well. I'm always tired at the end of a 400+  mile day, but no worse than with the Sprint.  I'm no spring chicken (46) but am in decent shape and don't have any knee, wrist, etc issues to deal with.

Garry