From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Matt Knowles
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2006 7:33 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] Life out there?

On Jul 19, 2006, at 4:05 PM, Todd J wrote:

> We are hovering at $3/gal here.

  I always get depressed when I hear about the national average. We've
been at $3.50 to $3.60 for regular the last month. I wouldn't be
surprised to see $4.00 here in a couple of months.

The last fillup for my truck was over $70.00. Fortunately my commute is
only .5 miles and I try to walk it when I don't have to transport
anything. I don't know how the people with 100 mile commutes to the Bay
Area are surviving.

Even when it's a nice sunny day like today I don't take the bike. I
can't see getting all dressed up for the ride and then have the bike
sit in the sun all day for a half mile drive. I save the bikes for the
twisties.

Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA -
http://www.knowlesville.com/matt/motorcycles
  '99 Sprint ST - for going fast and far (2CZUSA)
  '01 KLR650 (A15) - for exploring the North Coast backroads
  '97 KLX300 & '01 Lakota - for playing in the dirt
  '79 KZ400 - just because it was the first vehicle I ever owned