Re: [ST] That's the connection

The saga continues:

I'm not managing to come up with a single fool around here that has ever
heard of dielectric grease. That's probably because they call it
something else, or just don't use it at all.

I've tried all sorts of places -electrical wholesalers, motor
electricians, bike shops, car spare parts places, hardware shops.

I can get something they call "hi-temp silicon grease", which looks the
same as the stuff smeared into my switches -a clear "Vaseline" like
substance.

Anyone know if it's the same stuff? Will it work to keep the connectors
from fusing/ rusting etc?

[ It also turns out that a lot of web based places wont deal with anyone
trying to pay with a credit card from anywhere in Africa, thanks to the
Nigerian credit card fraud syndicates which have infiltrated most
African countries. ]

Thanks

Marc
Cape Town, RSA