From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Andrew Tait
Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2006 6:17 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] Short Work Commutes (Was: Life out there?)

This year, thanks to a severe lack of cash, the ST has been sitting
unused and I've cycled everywhere.  2 miles to work is a 25 minute walk,
or a 10 minute cycle ride, so I gain half an hour a day.  Well, I'm
typing this at 5:11pm, and I finished at 5pm.

As other people have said, I would never ride those two miles on a
motorbike without all my gear on, so by the time I get the ST out of the
garage, gear on, engine warmed up and then ride through the school
traffic to work then park and lock up at the far end, the pedal bike
takes about half the time.

Still looking to buy a middle-weight for next year though as a second
bike.  F650?  CB500?  Dunno yet.

Anyway, don't think about it... Go and buy a cheap bicycle and get out
there.  They're cheap to run, superbly versatile to park, and it's great
aerobic exercise.

Andrew

Joel Ashman wrote:
> I live 1.2 miles from work.   It's just close enought to make me think
> ought to be riding a bicycle to work, but just far enough to prevent
> me from actually buying a bicycle and riding it to work.  Especially
> when it's been hitting 95-98 degrees with 80-90% humidity.  The real
> kicker is that when I lived here in State College, PA ( before my
> motorcycle ), I used to bicycle all over the place. 20-30 mile trips
> were standard.  Now, 10 years and 3 motorcycles later, I doubt I could
to 2 miles without keeling over!

> Oh Well...
>
> --Joel
>

> On 7/20/06, Jeremy Witt <Jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I would LOVE to live .5 miles from work!
>>
>> Jeremy Witt
>> Newbury Partners
>> (o) 603-893-3022
>> (c) 603-475-4228

This email forms part of an electronic communication sent to the intended recipient or such persons authorised representative, for the recipients sole use and is subject to important legal and regulatory restrictions, qualifications and disclaimers ("Email Legal Notice") that must be accessed by clicking here http://www.foschini.co.za/disclaimer.htm or copy this address onto your Internet browser and process there.  The Email Legal Notice is enforceable and binding on the recipient (or such persons authorised representative) in terms of section 11 (1) to 11 (3) of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act No. 25 of 2002. By receiving, reading or acting upon this email, you automatically be bound by the terms of the Email Legal Notice.