Re: [ST] Short Work Commutes (Was: Life out there?)

Supermoto wheel set http://www.motostrano-store.com/kaklsuwhpa.html
  Supermoto Brake Kit http://www.motostrano-store.com/ebcsuovdico.html

  If you want to go the KLR route, parts/kits are available. My WR426 Supermoto will stop almost identically to my friends CBR600F4, and will out run it up to 80 mph. After that, it's acceleration drops off, and it tops off around 105-110. Still more than enough to have fun, and it's a bad ass wheelie machine. Fun is a major understatment.

  Down falls are A: mine's a kick start, so don't stall it!! B: I still need to get a kickstand, but they are available. C: more than 2 hours in riding/commuting gets tiresome D: Oil changes every 2-3 weeks, with filters every 1-1 1/2 months. Besides that, it's one of the better investments I have made. Fun in the dirt, great for twisty rides, race ready Supermoto to dirt in 20 minutes, and gets looks everywhere you go.

  Justin

Matt Knowles <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Jul 21, 2006, at 12:48 AM, Marc Van Est wrote:

> I'm thinking a KLR650 for a run around, except I've heard the front
> brakes are a bit dodgy.

They won't stop you like an ST's brakes would, but I wouldn't want huge
binders for the dirt. I think what gives people the impression the
brakes are dodgy is the bike dives considerably, but that's the price
you pay for all that suspension travel. Sticky road tires would
inevitably help too, but that's not why you would be buying a KLR in
the first place.

Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA -
http://www.knowlesville.com/matt/motorcycles
'99 Sprint ST - for going fast and far (2CZUSA)
'01 KLR650 (A15) - for exploring the North Coast backroads
'97 KLX300 & '01 Lakota - for playing in the dirt
'79 KZ400 - just because it was the first vehicle I ever owned