Re: [ST] Move MotoGP East!

Hell, Spain hosts 3!  Of course you don't want to tell those Catalans
that Barcelona is still part of Spain...  Other than that, I can't think
of any country that hosts MotoGP more than once.  Am I forgetting any?

>>> dkamest110@xxxxxxx 7/26/2006 1:47 PM >>>
This country is "big enough" to host "two" Moto GP's. after all some of
the "other" countries in europe host two.

  Don Kames
 03 ST in ILL

-----Original Message-----
From: david.funk@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 11:01 AM
Subject: Re: [ST] Move MotoGP East!

It is NOT going to happen.
Road Atlanta and Daytona are way too dangerous.
The FIM, Dorna, and VIPs very much prefer Monterey to Birmingham, and
wherever
all the other tracks are located.
Laguna has at least 3 years left on there contract.

The FIM did not have any gripes, well may be they were a little unhappy
that the
heat caused some spots on the new asphalt to break up. But they know
that Laguna
will fix that.
The FIM cares ZERO for US fans. Note the schedule change that left the
track
empty for 4 hours Sunday.

The price of everything at Laguna Seca is very high, always has been.
Last weekend was record heat. From personal experience of the last 25
races, I
know it has never been nearly that hot for three days. The cool ocean
breeze
just never came. On the other hand the temperature after 7:30pm was the
best it
has ever been.

David W. Funk
'00 Sprint ST
Pleasanton, CA
From: "Masiak, Richard" <Richard_Masiak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> http://www.motorcycledaily.com/25july06_usgpwater.htm
>
> Maybe if FIM keeps having gripes, they'll come to their senses and
move the
race
> east. There are plenty of venues to pick from. Road Atlanta, Barber,
Daytona

www.packereng.com