Re: [ST] Move MotoGP East (long)

 "I don't recall every hearing anybody say "this track is easy to pass on". I have heard "its hard to pass" a million times. I figure if you are not faster then the other guy, it is going to be hell to pass anywhere. "

When you are riding with great riders, there is no such thing as an easy pass anywhere on any track - it will always be "difficult".  But that said, certain tracks have better opportunites, and safer places to attempt passes.  Corners/sections that are tight and have only one line are not good nor safe places to pass - all tracks have these sections.  Even some of the tracks I run, there are sections where I wouldn't pass someone who is lapping even 3-8 seconds a lap slower. The key is to have a track with sections where coming into them or out of them you can do something different and try to make a pass.  Where different lines have advantages and disadvantages.  Or running another line may or may not get you the pass, but also won't get you into trouble.  Many tracks have sections where this is possible.  Laguna really does not.  And thus you get much less passsing, except for mistakes or some serious chances taken.  Not even racers want to fear the move they are making.
 But sometimes when you are racing you'll take the chance if there is no other way - heck you are getting paid to finish in front of people.  What you want, are areas where you can out-skill someone.

I'm sure Laguna is tons of fun to run - I would love.  But as for racing, it lines everyone up too much.

Matt Heyer