Re: [ST] Exhaust can clearance Q...

I snapped mine trying to seal up the Triumph CF can.

-----Original Message-----
From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bil Swartz
Sent: Friday, July 28, 2006 3:38 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] Exhaust can clearance Q...

On Fri, 28 Jul 2006, Dan Wetherington wrote:

> Just checked mine.  With bags on, can down, I've got approx. 7/8"
> clearance between the end of the axle and the muffler.

Well after loosening up all related bolts, jiggling things around to
realign and retighten, I think I now have about 5/8" clearance.  Added
some Black Permatex while I was at it as the clamp still wouldn't get
tight enough for a seal so we'll see after that sets up...

Careful with those clamp bolts too, mine finally snapped while loosening
it, fortunately had a nice stainless cap head that fit nicely to replace
it with.

I still don't get it, same clamp from original can, and the off-road can
doesn't seem to be all that loose when you slip it over the pipe, so
something else must be off.

--

                                ._O_.  '03 Sprint ST
            -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 Thunderbird Sport       /~\