From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Joel Ashman
Sent: Friday, July 28, 2006 8:04 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] Speaking of New Bikes...

OK,

So I'm in the market as well.  My purchase is planned and authorized by
the CFO for next spring, but if a good end of year deal came along, it
would have to happen a little sooner.

So, here are my choices to look at so far in order of preference:

Speed Triple 1050 (Rode it on a Demo Truck Day and it was awesome) Speed
Triple 675 (I'm inseam challenged and the 1050 is surprisingly tall,
sothis might be it if I can wait) Ducati Monster SR2 1000 (I'm waiting
to ride. Just found out the Demo Truck will be here in State College, PA
on Aug 10th) Ducati Monster SR2 800 (C'mon do I really need all that
power for around
town?)
Ducati Monster 695 (See above)
Buell Lightning XB12Scg (This is the shortend version.  Seat height of
28.6". My inseam in 27" at best) Buell Ulysses XB12X  (Cool looking and
I can get the seat height down to 30" with the low seat option)

OK, so while I know what I need to know about the S3 and hope the S3 657
will be shorter (but probably not), the Duc's are a complete mystery to
me. Never rode one, and the local dealer isn't being to forth coming
with a test ride (unless I have my checkbook with me and am ready to
buy)

The Buells are something that I really want to know more about.  They
look so cool, and supposedly perform well.  The Lightning just got a
good review from Motorcycledaily.com.  My only problem with them is the
motor.  I think it'd be a no-brainer if they had the V-Rod motor.

Does anyone have a Buell, or have any experience?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

--Joel

PS Oh yeah, the Triumph/Duc dealer is 2 miles from my house.  The
closest Buell dealer is 65 miles so it's definately a factor in my

--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
7/21/2006