Re: [ST] ck eng light 03 ST and fuel?

Jonathan

The only correct answer is that the diagnostics should be read with a
plug-in device to see what triggered it.  The custom and practice with
users appears to be 'wait the three cycles and see if it goes out'.  If
you were to get another, serious, alert while you were going through
that process then the damage could be anyone's guess.  Certainly no-one
on this list can tell you what the trigger was 100 pc.

Life eh?

Chris Harwood
00 RS

>>> jonathanrellis@xxxxxxxxxxx 01/06/2006 13:43:45 >>>
Ok - I recall that if the battery is disconnected the ck eng light will
come on and it will take 3 heat/cool cycles to clear it, but I was
running on reserve and as I came into the gas station, the ck eng light
came on.  I am thinking the ECU thought I had run out of gas, which I
hadn't (but was close to).  Has this happened to anyone else?  Will the
tried and true method of 3 heat/cool cycles clear this as well or do I
have to get it reset?  Any other possible issues I should think about?

Thanks,

Jonathan