Re: [ST] Another low speed fall...

On Jun 2, 2006, at 8:10 AM, John Ulizzi wrote:

>  " Second, I really don't like the way Triumph decided
> to use a kill switch instead of an off button."
>
> Seems to be one and the same, either way it kills the
> motor, and either way if you forget it, the motor wont
> start. Either way, it's still a "doh" on the part of
> the user.....

My dirt bike has a push putton kill switch. Press it in and hold it and
the motor stops. As soon as you take your finger off the button though
the bike can be restarted. I'm guessing that's what he means. I've
never seen a street bike with a switch like that. I'm not even sure the
button is stock on my KLX since I bought it used and it has a lot of
aftermarket goodies on it.

Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA -
http://www.knowlesville.com/matt/motorcycles
  '99 Sprint ST - for going fast and far (2CZUSA)
  '01 KLR650 (A15) - for exploring the North Coast backroads
  '97 KLX300 & '01 Lakota - for playing in the dirt
  '79 KZ400 - just because it was the first vehicle I ever owned