From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Matt Knowles
Sent: Friday, June 02, 2006 13:34
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] Another low speed fall...

On Jun 2, 2006, at 1:14 PM, Rob Brown wrote:

> My personal opinion is Triumph should have designed the system to use
> the
> same switch on the right bar for normal shutdowns and emergency shut
> downs.
> It's a learned response to turn the key.

My learned response and the one I've been using successfully for 27
years is to use the key to turn off my motorcycles, just as I would if
I were driving my car or truck.

Let's say you're driving down a winding highway at night and all of the
sudden your engine starts making a horrible noise and before it locks
up you hit the kill switch and coast to the side of the road. Only now
under your scenario, your headlight, taillights (and if you're riding a
new BMW, your brakes too) all stop working because you've turned
everything off. Not a good idea.

Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA -
http://www.knowlesville.com/matt/motorcycles
  '99 Sprint ST - for going fast and far (2CZUSA)
  '01 KLR650 (A15) - for exploring the North Coast backroads
  '97 KLX300 & '01 Lakota - for playing in the dirt
  '79 KZ400 - just because it was the first vehicle I ever owned