Re: [ST] for Marc -

>From: Matthew Heyer
>Your analogy is tragically flawed...
>regardless of the forward motion, on object will accelerate
>towards the ground at the same rate under the pull of gravity

There's also a flaw in your theory actually, although it does
depend on circumstances. Ken already mentioned the lean angle
you already could have when lowsiding (so basically the centripetal
force that was counteracting gravity). But if at least one wheel
is still turning you also have (here we go again) the precession
force of the wheels that will want to resist the lean change
(the gyroscopic "stability", which is actually more "extreme
neutrality" since it is a retarding / resisting force, not a
stabilizing one).

So two rotating forces, one/two in the vertical and one in the
horizontal plane that will both resist the pull of gravity
with forward (+ turning) motion.

But dowgydoodoo's theory depends whether you drop the bike
out of the front door or from the roof.... My roofriding
skills are rather rusty though, so I can't comment on that...

Emile
www.piloot.com