Re: [ST] Replacement seats

David-

When I bought my bike 2+ years ago, it came with a Corbin installed by
the previous owner. While I wasn't very happy with the comfort that the
seat offered, I took it on faith that it was the best that could be
done. But this May, facing a  ~2100 miles Around the Lakes ride I
decided I'd at least take a look at other options. I ended up trying the
Sargent World Sport seat and I couldn't be happier. For me, it was a
much better fit. I took the Sargent on the ATL trip and at no point
could I complain about the condition of my posterior.

Should you opt to try the Sargent, and assuming you buy a standard off
the self version, they seem to have a very flexible return policy - so
it was for me to see how it could hurt to at least try one.

As for underseat storage, the Sargent gives you all the space you have
with the stock seat - plus.. it adds a roughly 2.5"X6" water resistant
plastic tube for storage that is recessed into the seat itself. Very
nice touch. The Corbin seemed similar to the stock configuration in
terms of storage space but lacked the storage tube.

One other difference between the two seats - while I didn't weigh the
two seats, the Corbin is noticeably heavier than the Sargent....

-Brian

--

'01 Triumph Sprint ST BRG
'88 Honda VF750C (SuperMagna)