Re: [ST] What glue for Triumph Hugger cracks?

I'd say it would be better off to reinforce the broken area. From other plastic repairs I have performed, using fiberglass fabric and resin in the best, and second the plastic welder kits. Regular glue normally wont hold up for any time. I've seen on mosy oem huggers, especially Suzuki and Triumph, that the bolt holes aren't drilled 100% perfect. This usually stress the mounting points a small amount. Over time, with bumps, vibrations, and age, they will normally crack. It's best to use fiberglass to make the repair, then redrill the mounting holes with the whole assembly held in position. Dont install any hardware, and have a second person hold the hugger while you drill them. this way it will set in a completely resting postion, without any stress.

  Justin

Erik Miner <eeminer@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote
I had one of the Triumph plastic huggers too.. It cracked in the same
place, so did the second one. The expensive carbon fibre one didn't :-)

Erik