Re: [ST] New Rear Shock

On Wed, 7 Jun 2006, Matthew Heyer wrote:

> So I got quoted $750 for a new Penske rear shock with the same features as the Ohlins, except for the pre-load adjustment not being "remote".  Now, is the Ohlins worth the additional $150.......hhhhmmmmmm...
>
> Matt Heyer

Penske's got a remote adjuster, it is just more expensive:

http://www.penskeshocks.com/weight.htm

~$250 last I saw (I don't recall where).

If you vary much at all between just you, pillion and luggage I'd suggest
the Ohlins. Or if you can wait, a Wilbers - they should be able to set you
up with the same full set of features for less I believe.