Re: [ST] Tire changer and more

Yeah, faster tire changing is all in the technique.  Study how Steve does it
in the instruction video.  It's really quite slick, once you get it down.
The only way your going to garf up the rims is if you drop the metal part of
the bar on a rim.  Those plastic pieces won't be doing the damage.  I've
seen Sue and Steve do a dozen changes, on a bunch of different tires.  I'm
sold that it's the way to go, without going fully automated like the big
Coates machines.  Heck, they've even done carbon fiber rims with no problem.
They're local to me here in St Louis.

The Avons wear quite well, and performed very good in all conditions.  I've
been very happy with them.  For a change, I've mounted a set of Pirelli
Diablo Stradas for my upcoming CO trip to do a comparison for myself.
Please report back how you like the Avons in comparison to the Roads when
you get a few thousand miles on them.  It'd be interesting to see some more
input on that.

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen
2002 Triumph Sprint ST
2001 Yamaha YZ426F
AMA life member #548538
RAT # 1006452
HSTA # 9351
<<
Hi all,
We finally made the decision and bought a No-Mar tire changer.  It took
about 3 hours to get it installed in the shop and about 2 hours to change
the first tire.  We will get faster, I'm sure, with more practice.   The
beauty of this changer is that supposedly you will not make horrible scars
on the rims.  We'll see how that goes.
The whole set-up was only about $900, and we figure we'll be about even in 2
years.
I'll be putting my new set of Avons on after our trip to the bike races at
the new Miller Motorsports near Salt Lake City.  This will be the first set
of Avons for me, I've been running Michelin Pilot Roads for the last 4 sets.
After several people on this list raved about the Avons, I figured they were
worth a try.
Weather is great, time for a ride.
Ride safe all,

Beckie in Southern Oregon