Re: [ST] You are Speeding

The idea may or may not sound good depending on your point of view but it will only work under very special circumstances.  I've been building or running Geographic Information Systems(GIS) since about 1988 mainly to support E911 systems.  Most of the USA is lucky to give you accurate street address ranges let alone speed limits or school zones.  There isn't any system that you can bet the farm on that will compute accurate run times for emergency vehicles for precisely the reason mentioned, no accurate mapping of speed limits.  I'm sure there are some towns or cities that might have them somewhere, but it's far from being widespread.