Re: [ST] brake lines- for Neil

Hi Neil,

Yes, I am aware that my Sprint lines are braided....my
only point was that after about a $1000 worth of top
notch aftermarket upgrades, the brakes on my Superhawk
were no better than my stock Sprint. In fact, not as
good...

I cant complain, though, because I bought the
Superhawk that way. Its original owner bought it new,
put a total of about $3500 worth of goodies
( aforementioned brakes, Penske shock, full Lindemann
treatment up front, and Yosh pipes ), painstakingly
put everything on himself in the best way possible,
put 2800 miles on the bike, just enough to thoroughly
break it in, and then sold it to me less than a year
later for less than what the bike cost wihtout all the
goodies...

It is really is a sweet bike. Its character is just
enough different than the Sprint to justify them both.
Its a twin, and makes it power differently of course.
It has more low end torque and will loft the front
tire much easier, if desired. It is a bit lighter and
nimbler, and turns a little better than the RS, the RS
has power on top and better brakes. The RS's ergos are
also much better. I can tour on it, the Superhawk is
relegated to day rides....I compare riding her to
having sex with a 19 year old...fun as hell, but she
damn near leaves you for dead....

My apologies in advance to any ladies on the list....

:-)

John