Re: [ST] Idle problems

On the left of the transmission.  It has a spade connector on it I
think, and if you pull it off when it's idling, you'll notice the engine
revs drop as you do when yo uput it in gear.  If you short it to chassis
the revs go up again.  No tsure how visible it is on an ST 'cos mine's
got a bikini.

Chris Harwood
00 RS

>>> agarvin@xxxxxxxxxx 14/06/2006 21:38:26 >>>
Where is this neutral switch located? Is it inside the transmission? I

have a Triumph shop manual but can't find a reference to the switch. I

have found it on the electrical schematic but can't find is physical
location.
Thanks,
Al

abradford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> My neutral light would sometimes flicker in neutral, and was
sometimes
> dim. This, as well as the idle problem wre both resolved when I
replaced
> the neutral switch. I thinks it was about $20 from the dealer, and
took a
> couple of minutes to replace.
>

>>Message: 20
>>Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 17:22:33 +0100
>>From: "Chris Harwood" <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>Subject: Re: [ST] Idle problems
>>To: <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>
>>Al
>>
>>I have been suffering the same symptoms for months now.  Mine is a
2000
>>RS and it started it for no reason that I could see.  It has been to
the
>>dealers for a service and I asked them to check it.  That made no
>>difference and had I not ridden a long way to get there, I would
have
>>taken it back.  It did fix itself for a week then went bad again.
When