Re: [ST] Beemer GP?

I was just having a little dig at BMW fans.

I was at Eastern Creek, Sydney around '96 or '97 for the return of an annual
endurance race known as The Six Hour. A team in that event ran two Beemers. I
cant remember the exact model and google has failed me, but it was the boxer
motor with the twin pipes under the seat. They sounded real nice at full noise.
The riders had problems keeping the heads off the ground in corners and they
werent very competitive as a result of the loss of lean angle. Both bikes
suffered heavily, but the blokes on them had a lot of fun.

A mate of mine ran a Daytona 595 in that event and was doing really well
until someone took his front wheel out in turn twelve. He limped back to the pits
and got the bike going by pilfering parts from a display bike set up in the
pit garage.

It would be great to see BMW and Triumph back into the MotoGP mix.

Brett.