Re: [ST] I think I'm done... long,

You only get one chance to raise your kids. Family is a priority.

I took a break from riding when starting my family (for different reasons) and you know what, I could still buy one when the time was right again. I never stopped longing for a bike, especially on those nice summer days when you'd hear one off in the distance or see them on the road.

Perhaps avoiding high traffic areas (i.e. stop commuting on the bike) would reduce the anxiety of near-misses. Just keep a bike around for those times when you can spare a couple hours or half day for a fun ride in the country. I know from experience, that once you go bike-less, it can be hard to make the leap to getting one again, so I would be inclined to suggest keeping one in the garage and only using it for fun rides as time allows. I find riding to be a great stress reliever.

Work, marriage and raising a family makes heavy demands on your time, but you do need to carve a little time for yourself in all that too. I've seen many of my friends feel obligated to stop doing anything they enjoy once married with kids and they just drop off the face of the earth. It's all about balance, priorities and time management.

Good luck with your decision...

Garry