Re: [ST] Wa Wa Wa

Matt Knowles wrote:
> It all depends on who was there first.
Sort of.  It is clearly noted in the article that the track followed all
of the proper permitting procedures as well as the fact that they are
currently in compliance with all of the noise ordinances.  I'm sure that
during the permit application process a public hearing was held to allow
for comments from abutters, this is pretty much standard practice.  But
unfortunately people are lazy and rarely complain prior to the problem.
If there was a hearing soliciting public comment (and I can almost
guarantee there was) and no one stepped up to the plate the I have no
pity for the residents.  It's like people who don't vote in elections
complaining about elected officials.  However, I'd be right there
fighting with the residents if the track starts abusing their privilege
to operate.

> On the other hand the people moving near Sears Point that complain
> should have no basis, as the track was there first.

I agree with you here, I moved to within a mile of a set of train tracks.
  I knew about the noise ahead of time so I have exactly zero right to
complain about it.

> It sounds like the track is willing to work at being a good neighbor,
> let's hope they can solve the problem without getting the lawyers
> involved.

Agree here too, sounds to me like the owner is going above and beyond his
responsibilities, let's hope John Q. Public understands that he doesn't
have to and that negotiating rather than bitching is a better way to get
things done.

My 2¢,

Nate
00SprintRS