From: Frederic.Nizery@xxxxxxxxxx
To: ST <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2006 6:46:21 AM
Subject: Re: [ST] Loose rear wheel

Dan,

Did you consider killing the ba.. that did that?
The conic washer is Triumph part for sure.

By any tremendous luke it could be the same as BMW.

In addition if they put the nut up side down(inner side out), the clip
is also missing (part preventing the nut from getting loose)

I would be you I won't go back to this "mecanic" any more.

I suspect that if they did this way that's because they lost
the part.

The conic whasher is required to get the rim centered on the shaft.
The problem is that the needed socket is huge. But I would try to
take it appart on my own buying the needed gear.

As the rim is alloy and the shaft steel, the only damage that could be
would be on the rim. Double check it then. Regarding the bearings I don't
see any reason why. Plus the roller bearing (which is on the right side of the hub)
is pretty wide. Easy to check once the rim is back in place.
Free rotation, and no play. No noise when
ilding on the center stand in first gear (except the chain).

Fred ST 02 BRG