Re: [ST] Helmet laws ( Was Wrap Up )

In a previous email, Matt Knowles stated:
> I've always thought it should work like this:
<snip>

Beautiful, Matt. Absolutely beautiful.

In a previous email, dbardell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx stated:
 > This makes way too much sense - try getting it past the
 > lawyers/politicians.

If policies were like that there might be less lawsuits. Ergo, less
lawyers. To the lawyer/politician it would be self defeating.

I'm of the opinion that there should be no helmet laws. Let the rider
decide if their noggin is worth protecting. Maybe a few people are too
stupid to realize that riding lidless increases the risk of head
injuries many times over. Why should the majority be mandated to change
their habits? We already have an excess of laws that protect us from
ourselves. I say let Darwin's theory of evolution take care of it. This
may sound sick but after watching that CNN helmet video I kept wondering
how articulate was Bradley Scott before he had his lobes scrambled.

It's all about risk management. I won't be able to eliminate the risk of
head injuries but I sure as heck can and will reduce the risk.

--
Steve Lawler
Verona, NJ, USA

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"

"A little government and a little luck are necessary in life, but only a
fool trusts either of them."
             -- P. J. O'Rourke