Re: [ST] Jackets for wicked hot temps...

On Jun 22, 2006, at 3:00 PM, Todd J wrote:

>   Anyone with recommendations for a mesh jacket? I am currently
> looking at the Triumph Integra, Alpinestars ACR airflow, and the
> Tour Master Flex. I like versitility, but may be looking at a cool/
> cold season jacket later anyway. How are the mesh jackets for
> touring? Anyone have experience with any I have listed?

Surprisingly, the Cortech GX Sport jacket I just bought does not seem
to be much hotter in FL summer temperatures than my full mesh
Fieldsheer Mach II that I had before.  When moving, the venting does
a really good job, and when stopped, even a mesh jacket can be pretty
hot.  The only scenario where the mesh jacket feels better is when
moving less than 30-40 mph, but when stopped it is hard to tell any
difference between the two.

Jim