Re: [ST] WHEELIES ON ST.

I used to get all the local stunters cheering, taking my near stock 00ST and riding a 1,2,3 wheelie down there strip. If you look at nearly anyone of the stunt riders, they install crash cages, extra long sliders, have zip ties holding there body panels on, etc. Unless you are comfortable with wheelies, like I was from my old YZ250, don't try it on the ST. The RS would be much better, as the SSSA seemed to let the bike track to the left a bit for anything in the 10:30 position or higher. I would go beyond 11 on purpose, but a buddy said I did once. The bike is easy to get up, and balancing is can be done, but you do have to ride it out while standing a bit to the right. If it's your only bike, and you haven't had the front up on anything very comfortably, don't do it. Barrow a Jap 750 or 1L. Much easier, much more comfortable, much cheaper/easier to fix :)

  Justin

Garry Simmons <garrysimmons@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I don't have the stones to wheelie a street bike. Used to do it all the time on dual-sport bikes and dirt bikes when I was young. Crashing is expensive. One bad wheelie can easily cost $1000 in rashed plastic, busted levers and pegs and other dinged bits. Crashing hurts too much at my age. Old guys don't bounce well. And if the crash doesn't hurt me, the wife surely will if I bring home a wadded up bike from trying to wheelie. Not to mention the grief the front end of the bike goes through when you just drop the front end hard (because you don't have the skills to set it down softly yet).

Or maybe I just need to grow a set.

Garry