Re: [ST] Rear bearling failure

here is recall info. Looks like it covers 2001 and 2002 models.
Al

NHTSA Campaign ID:  02V242000
Component:  Wheels
Manufacturer:  Triumph
Year:
2001 	Make:
Triumph 	Model:
Sprint ST 	Recall Date:
09/10/2002
Potential Number of Units Affected: 1557
Manufactured:
Defect Summary:

     On certain motorcycles, the rear wheel needle roller bearing as
fitted only to certain single sided swinging arm motorcycles can
deteriorate and seize causing the rear wheel to lock-up.

Consequence Summary:

     This can cause a loss of control of the motorcycle.

Corrective Summary:

     Dealers will replace all rear wheel bearings. Owner notification
began September 19, 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an
authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the
free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Triumph at
1-678-854-2010.

NHTSA Campaign ID:  02V242000
Component:  Wheels
Manufacturer:  Triumph