Re: [ST] Rear bearling failure

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006, Joni Larned wrote:

> I love that idea!  Let me know when you get that site up and running! :)
> I'll be calling my dealer today (the one I trust!) with my VIN number to see
> what he says.
>
> Thanks again for the advice I got on this list!!
>
> Joni
> '01 ST BRG
> Woodinville, WA

Calling the dealer is the correct approach - they have access to a website
that does exactly that. Put in the VIN and it will pull up a list of all
the outstanding recalls specific to your bike as well as ones which have
already been performed.

I bought my 2000 ST used and that is exactly what I did and I watched over
their shoulder while they looked at the website.

Why _we_ can't have access to it I'm not exactly sure..

Paul