Re: [ST] Tack and speedo dance

My bet is your temperature sensor is going bad. I had that happen to me
during the first western rallye and some of the symptoms were the same.
The tach was going crazy, and it was running real rough, blowing clouds
of black smoke. The problem would come and go. Fortunately the
excellent dealer who was supporting the event diagnosed it and had the
replacement part so I had a smooth ride home.

On Jun 29, 2006, at 6:58 AM, Steven Kohlscheen wrote:

> Anybody got any ideas?  Previous experiences?  I don't relish the
> thought of
> leaving my bike at the dealer for the month plus it'll take for them
> to get
> to it.  They're just that busy, not incompetant.

Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA -
http://www.knowlesville.com/matt/motorcycles
  '99 Sprint ST - for going fast and far (2CZUSA)
  '01 KLR650 (A15) - for exploring the North Coast backroads
  '97 KLX300 & '01 Lakota - for playing in the dirt
  '79 KZ400 - just because it was the first vehicle I ever owned