Re: [ST] Running in NEU

In a previous email, Dkamest110@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Ah, com'on, ya can't really kick a dead horse too many times, can  you

Reminds me of something I saved from long ago:

When The Horse You're Riding Dies, GET OFF!
Do Not:
1.  Buy a stronger whip.
2.  Try a new bit or bridle.
3.  Switch riders.
4.  Move the horse to a new location.
5.  Say things like, "This is the way we've always ridden this horse."
6.  Appoint a committee to study the horse.
7.  Ride the horse for longer periods of time.
8.  Arrange to visit other sites where dead horses are ridden more
efficiently.
9.  Increase the standards for riding dead horses.
10.  Create a test for measuring our riding ability.
11.  Compare how we're riding now with how we did ten or twenty years ago.
12.  Complain about the state of horses these days.
13.  Come up with new styles of riding to compensate for the horse's
lack of effort.
14.  Blame the horse's parents.  (The problem is often in the breeding).
15.  Tighten the cinch.

--
Steve Lawler
Verona, NJ, USA