[ST] for Don - Running in Neu

>>> Surely you remember the 'starting drill"...........turn on the petcock, tickle the carb(s), free the clutch, turn on the ignition, and  then one or two swift "prods" of the kick starter. <<<

    In 2001, I got the first new Bonneville at my dealer's and found the choke to be on the carb that was in the same location the old Amals used to be.  The next morning, I went out to start it and shortly found myself poking at the carb, under my leg, with the tip of my index finger; it had been  over 30 years since I had tickled an Amal carb but my finger, unconsciously, remembered just what to do!

>>> Besides....why in your "sporting youth" did you choose the iron head  T-bird over the alloy head and much faster T-110? <<<

    The usual, Pete Andrews had a left over '56 T-Bird that he deeply discounted after the summer was over; I had a '52 Indian TT Warrior to trade, no money and a fainthearted loan officer.

for Brett - >>> A trip that coincides with a Kevin Schwantz School day at Road Atlanta seems
like a good itinerary.  Anyone have any experiences they would care to share? <<<

    Seemed like I was much faster back when I wore my Kevin Schwantz replica, autographed   helmet but I was just a kid in my fifties back then.               =8o)

                                dowgydoo       - - - - o&\o