From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Sprint ST
Sent: Sunday, March 12, 2006 9:25 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] Redneck Politics

Richard, et al, were not talking Formula 1 or sports car racing of any
type. The subject was stock cars - NASCAR stock cars.  Whether you are
from London, Newark, or Timbuktu NASCAR's roots came from moonshine
runners of the SE USA.  The moonshine capital of the planet was Asheville,
NC and the surrounding areas.  The crap goes clear back to the Whiskey
Rebellion.  I'm from Ohio, don't watch NASCAR and don't care if the NASCAR
Hall of Fame is in Juneau, Alaska, but if you do your homework there is
plenty of justification to put it in either Charlotte or Daytona and this
really isn't a UK thing.

Benjamin Franklin