[ST] S100 Engine Brightener

Anyone else here have engine cases that lost their shine? I changed brands of engine degreaser/cleaner a few years ago and my engine cases lost all their shine in one cleaning. Kinda bummed me out, but I got on with my life.

I saw an ad for S100 Engine Brightener and bought a can a couple years ago, but never used it. It claims to restore that shiny black appearance to dull black paint and plastic. I was a little concerned it would somehow discolor the motor. Now the bike has 40K miles on it and I guess I just don't care any more, so I decided to give it a try yesterday since the bike was fairly clean and cold.

Just shake the can well, insert the special spray tube, and spray it on. The special tube dispenses the stuff in a fine mist. It's much like painting with a spray can. I sprayed it on my engine cases, mirror housings, chain guard and front sprocket guard. You let it dry then wipe off any excess with a rag. Pretty dang easy.

And it works. My engine cases look great now. I don't expect the change to last forever, but they claim it will withstand engine heat and multiple washings before needing to be reapplied. Had I been thinking I would have taken before and after pictures. I took the wife out for a ride after applying the S100  and putting the front fairing back on. The cases still look great, so it's stable with engine heat too.

So, if you want your motor to look shiny again, perhaps because you want to sell it or trade it, or you just want your bike to look better, this stuff appears to really do the job. I'm impressed...

Garry