Re: [ST] Motul products

Marc,
Among this, the TriumphRat, and T595net lists there is enough reading material to rival Moby Dick on the subject of brakes.  When the first threads on lever travel came out on the pre-05's I found there were at least 2.6 zillion ways to bleed brakes.  I have speed bleeders on both calipers and started to put a speed bleeder banjo bolt on to get out the phantom air bubbles.  I guess you can pressure feed the fluid from the bottom up, but I don't see that as a guarantee to get the bubbles out either.  First of all, I have a stock line setup and have had rock hard brakes ever since I found out about the piston exercise business, but if you really want the smallest chance for bubbles, I would recommend two individual lines from MC to caliper eliminating the cross fender line.  Put a speed bleeder at each caliper and a bleeder banjo bolt at the MC.  The speed bleeders at the calipers need to be put in after the system is full of brake fluid and rebled.  After that use a hair dryer
  to heat
  the lines a bit, bang on the lines with a stick from bottom to top and rebleed.  That's a helleva lot of trouble and in my opinion a bit of voodoo too.  In those lists you will see some novel methods for taking off calipers and trying to force bubbles out the top.  I just went to the store and bought two cans of brake fluid and used my autofiller adapter from MityVac and pulled almost two cans through. If that didn't get the bubbles out, I'd just have to live with it.  Sorry for being a bit long winded.  Hope this helps. Rod