Re: [ST] Bike 4 Wife

hi how r u ,that is a very tall bike well done I'm jealous robo

Lisa White <redriders@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:   My learner bike was a Bandit 600, and I would recommend it for a new
female rider, if the suspension is modified -- I didn't know what I was
missing until I got my new ST 9 months after I started riding. I have
found that most, but not all, women do not have a problem with overuse
of power on their learner bikes because they tend to be more caucious
out of the gate than male riders. I think it has to do with
testosterone levels ;-)! I didn't feel the need to completely open the
throttle while I was learning. You and she will have to judge would
would happen with her. An SV650 would also be a good option. Obviously,
you don't want one that either of you will cry over when it gets dropped
a couple of times in the learning process.

Also, do not buy a bike thinking that you will ride it more than your
wife. My husband had a '98 Sprint Executive when I bought my ST in
March of '99. He THOUGHT he would get to ride my ST quite a bit, and I
wouldn't let him near it very often. That was "my bike." He got his own
ST in May of that year.

If your wife wants to talk about learning to ride from the female
perspective, tell her to email me off list and I'll be glad to discuss
it with her. I also missed the original email to the list about this.
I presume that she will be taking the MSF course to begin with. . . . .

Lisa White
Tomball, TX
'03 Tiger