Re: [ST] Intermittent starter issues

In a previous email, Mark Dieck stated:
> Symptom: Press the starter button, headlights, and instrument lights
> go out (as expected), but not starter motor.

I had a similar problem. Twice. In the middle of the loom that comes
down from the left (clutch) handle bar is a connection that has a
tendency to come loose.

The next time it happens swing the bars full left, if it starts that's
where it is. If it doesn't then try full right, if it starts that's
where it is. If it still doesn't start, reach down inside the fairing
and jiggle the loom. If it still doesn't start, it might be something else.

The solution: remove the loom and cut it open, remove the crimp
connector and solder the connection. Seal it all up and you're good to go.

Other possible problems: bad sidestand or neutral switch.

--
Steve Lawler
Verona, NJ, USA

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in
a very narrow field."
             -- Niels Bohr